AFAIK 2950 does not support auto mdix.

tv
----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Bulk" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:25 AM
Subject: [c-nsp] Cisco 2950 oddities with MDI-X and unicast flooding


I had a case of unicast flooding that started Thursday morning and all the
technotes I was reading weren't helping me. Since the Cisco 2950T-24 was up for over two years and running 12.1(22)EA2, I thought I would upgrade it to
12.1(22)EA11 to match all my other 2950s and reboot.

The upgrade resolved the unicast flooding (can anyone explain how/why that
should be?) but I lost my inter-office transport link on the Fa0/1 (10/100).
The switch said "down" and the transport gear said "down".  Very strange.
Seeing that other switches into this transport gear had cross-over cables, I snapped in a cross-over cable and voila, the link went up. Anyone see that
before?

Frank

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to