I think I explained my problem badly below. On CS we receive the frames like this [outer tag].[inner tag] On RS they strip of the outer tag
The provider uses the outer tag to decide to which RS it should go So if I would want to do an OSPF between a CS & RS I would have this problem: 1) I either remove the outer tag on the switch so on my router I can do the same subinterface dot1q [inner tag] => but this won't work when I want to do the same thing with multiple RS 2) Can I pass the double tag through my switch to our 7206 and configure a double dot1q [outer tag].[inner tag] on my subinterface ? -----Original Message----- From: Dean Smith [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: mercredi 4 février 2009 16:27 To: 'Rens'; [email protected] Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Ethernet VPN circuits Cant speak for your product...but in the UK we've used similar from the 4 or 5 biggest suppliers at the all work the same... At the central site access is delivered over a single high B/W Trunk. We (Customer) and supplier agree a vlan tag per site. At the remote site the port is provided with no vlan tag. 0 So if we have single IP connection between there is no multiple VLAN tags. Router at the central site - configure your IP interface as Vlan subinterface on CS Router. Trunk Between CS Router & CS Switch. Configure CS Switch port facing provider as trunk aswell. (Control the VLANs you want to send etc on each trunk port). The CS Switch is optional. (we do actually have these for various reasons - but will be phasing them out in new core site builds). At the Remote site its just a straight Ethernet port. Not sure why you'd use the RS Switch at all. Dean -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Rens Sent: 04 February 2009 12:27 To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Ethernet VPN circuits Hi, We have a provider that has a new product and I would like to know if I could use it with our current infrastructure to interconnect sites. This is how it works on the provider site: 1 Central Site where everything arrives Multiple Remote Sites that you can connect to the Central Site Per Remote Site we have to define a VLAN tag. So it would look like this: My CS router <=> my CS switch <=> provider CS switch <=> provider Backbone <=> provider RS switch <=> My RS router 7206VXR <=> 3550 <=> 2960 <=> No Idea <=> 2960 <=> 1841 So if I want to do a /30 OSPF between my CS router and my RS router I would use vlan 200 for this at RS router (subinterface dot1q) it enters the provider RS switch and they add the predefined vlan as outer tag. (example 800) It arrives like this at my CS site and now I have a problem. 1) I either remove the outer tag VLAN (800) on the switch so on my router I can do the same subinterface dot1q 200 => but this won't work when I want to do the same thing with multiple RS 2) Can I pass the double tag through my switch to our 7206 and configure a double dot1q subinterface, so the router removes both outer & inner 800 & 200 and OSPF goes up :-) Any help is appreciated. Regards, Rens _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
