Been there, done that....you need the ES cards (get the new ES+ if you decide
to use these).
Alternatively (as long as you traffic demands are low), use a much-cheaper-external-router-based solution for IP QinQ
termination (7200 with 31SB works fine).
--
Tassos
Marcus.Gerdon wrote on 10/02/2009 15:51:
Hi @all,
I'm looking for information regarding termination of Q-in-Q on 6500 and/or 7600
boxes. We only need plain termination on subinterfaces with IP (somewhere on
Cisco called 'IPoQinQ') configured on; no EoMPLS, PPPoE or alike.
As usual Cisco's really annoying as no useful clear information is to be found,
and as usual Feature Navigator seems to be missing working configurations (i.e.
told me no Q-in-Q on 7200...).
All I could find out rather trustworthy is:
- ES20 and SIP for Local Vlan Significance
- ES20 supports Q-in-Q termination, a lot of tag rewrite functions etc.
- 12.2SR supports Q-in-Q termination (working on 7200)
I only need IP on a subinterface and have no need for all that fancy stuff the
ES20 provide (and has to be payed for).
So the question is:
Can someone definitely confirm or reject due to tests or production setup
whether Q-in-Q termination on a normal 67xx module (DFC installed) can be
configured (encaps dot1q * second *) and by using which IOS ?
6500's running SXI and 7600's running SRx are the ones to look at I think as
running SXF presumably won't work at all.
thanks,
Marcus
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/