Hi - can anyone explain difference between 'tunable optics' and DWDM capable cards on Cisco routers (7600, 12K and CRS), or is this the same?
Also, can in essence a 4-10GE-ITU/C (4x10G C-band DWDM PLIM on CRS) do the same thing as SPA-1x10GE-L-ITUC (1x10G C-Band spa) on 12K (port capacity put aside)? Does this mean that I can have a single physical port (on a DWDM enabled 7600/12K/CRS cards/PLIMs) carrying traffic at various speeds over different wavelengths(BW totaling 10G for example for a 10G physical port)? For example, I can create one channel with oc-12 speed over one wavelength, another channel with oc-48 speed on another channel and then bind those channels to a sub-interface? Is this how this is done? With IPoDWDM optical integration they talk about eliminating transponders, but I'm not sure what those transponders would do anyway, before they drop traffic to an (RO)ADM? Can anyone shed some light on this please. Thanks, Marlon _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
