Greetings,

I'm seeing a weird OSPF flap issue between a bunch of 7206's and a 6513. We're running fast OSPF between them all. Here's some sample config:

7206:

router ospf 1
router-id 0.0.1.10
log-adjacency-changes
area 0 authentication
redistribute connected metric-type 1 subnets
redistribute static metric-type 1 subnets
redistribute bgp 65010 metric-type 1 subnets route-map global
network 10.11.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
network 10.12.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
des primary net
ip address 10.11.1.10 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
ip route-cache flow
ip ospf authentication-key 7
ip ospf cost 1
ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 4
duplex auto
speed auto
media-type rj45
no negotiation auto

6513:

router ospf 1
router-id 0.0.1.24
log-adjacency-changes
no capability lls
area 0 authentication
passive-interface default
network 10.11.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
network 10.12.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
!
interface GigabitEthernet9/1
no ip address
speed 1000
duplex full
switchport
switchport access vlan 11
switchport mode access
!
interface Vlan11
description << PRIMARY NET >>
ip address 10.11.1.24 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
no ip mroute-cache
ip ospf authentication-key 7
ip ospf cost 1
ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 4
!

There is IP connectivity between the two routers of course. We leave all ints as passive by default and turn on each int as we need them to speak OSPF. When I turn on vlan 11 as non passive, things come up then start flapping very rapidly at which point the 6513 becomes completely unresponsive. Here's some output from the 7206's logs:

Mar 2 19:07:07 pri.core.router1 37224: Mar 2 19:07:04: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 0.0.1.24 on GigabitEthernet0/2 from 2WAY to DOWN, Neighbor Down: Dead timer expired Mar 2 19:07:07 pri.core.router2 2556211: Mar 2 19:07:04: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 1, Nbr 0.0.1.24 on GigabitEthernet0/2 from 2WAY to DOWN, Neighbor Down: Dead timer expired

The timers are matched up on all the routers, and there's of course no packet loss. I don't see why the dead timers are expiring causing this to keep flapping. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason