On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Leif Sawyer wrote:

Is anybody working with FWSM's and mixed-mode IPv4+IPv6 ACL's?

I'm having trouble with traceroute6 not succeeding, but ping6 working
fine:

You might be getting caught by flawed behavior of the FWSM. I've run into something similar with straight v4 firewall zones where certain flavors of traceroute will be dropped by the blade. When it was first reported to us, we thought is was a broken fixup, but the behavior persisted after the fixup was disabled. No word on a fix from Cisco.

On a somewhat unrelated note, how has the v6 performance been on the FWSMs for you? Everything I've heard from Cisco and other sources suggests that the v6 packets are much more expensive for the FWSM to forward, so performance would suffer greatly.

jms