Any recommendation for mac's

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2009, at 6:42 AM, a.l.m.bu...@lboro.ac.uk wrote:

Hi,

Any recommendation about a usb to serial adapter?
We work with linux here in our laptops and some of the adapters we used in the past got stuck when they receive too much info very quickly (for example, messages from console) so I would like to know if you have some
idea about any model or manufacter that works without problems.

well, i cannot guarantee perfection or that you might not face issues -
so therefore this isnt some form of binding contractual recommendation
but I havent had any problems with the keyspan single and quad port adapters
(eg USA-19HS)

though I did find a bug in the linux kernel in 2.6.x which after much
trawling and author emails turns out that the quad port device has some
identity issues - fixed with recent kernels.

alan