I'd rather live in cable-hell than use pass-trough modules....

On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:15 , Elmar K. Bins wrote:

Dirk,

c-...@djvh.nl (Dirk-Jan van Helmond) wrote:

We're thinking about getting some Cisco CBS 3110 blade switches to
aggeregate the interfaces from the bladeservers. The CBS3110 can stack
and is factually just an 3750 in a blade enclosure and has the same
roadmap as the 3750.
I would very much like to have ISSU on these switches, otherwise an
IOS upgrade means downtime for an entire bladechassis, which is
unacceptable.
Unfortunately ISSU is not supported and not on the roadmap :(

I've asked my accountmanager @Cisco, so you please ask yours. Maybe if
we ask kind enough, they will think about it ;)

Your best bet might be to buy pass-through modules and use a couple
of unstacked 3750s (or 3560s)...it's also a hell of a lot cheaper.

Elmar.