Hi Guys,

I have searched a lot of sites and unfortunately didn't find a answer.
Can someone tell me, how much arp entries (adjacencies) a 4948 switch can 
handle ?
For L2 switching it can has up to 32K or the 4948-10g up to 55k entries, but I 
could not
find anything about the max arp entries. As far as I know this arp entries or 
adjacencies
are stored in TCAM. So the 4948 series can have 64k entries in the TCAM.

Am I right, when I say :
TCAM 64K =
32K IPv4 unicast routes
32K Unicast arp entries (adjacencies)

What about the acls and qos configuration ? These are also stored in TCAM, 
right ?
So if this right, then I never reach this, what I can found on the datasheets 
of the
switches :
* Unicast and multicast routing entries: 32,000
* Policers: 512 ingress and 512 egress
* Access control list (ACL) and QoS entries: 32,000

Could it be that all these features share the same TCAM ?
I'am little bit confused.

Regards,
 Ahmad




Ahmad Cheikh-Moussa
Consultant
Business Unit Carrier & Service Provider

AXIANS
NK Networks & Services GmbH
Fischertwiete 2, Chilehaus A
20095 Hamburg

Tel.:  +49 40 237 899 - 72
Fax:   +49 40 237 899 - 69

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
www.axians.com



Sitz der NK Networks & Services GmbH: Von-der-Wettern-Straße 15, 51149 Köln
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, Registernummer HRB 30805
Geschäftsführer: Tonis Rüsche
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to