On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:14:10AM -0500, Justin Shore wrote: > I'm in need of a decent SNMP Trap manager that scales and is free (OSS) > or cheap. I currently Nagios for my NMS and Cacti for data collection > and graphing so clearly I'm a fan of OSS solutions. I read an article > several years ago in the now defunct SysAdmin magazine on tying in > SNMP-TT into Nagios. Is there a better way? I need to collect traps > from Hatteras equipment mainly but once I have it I'm sure I'll use it > for other things as well. > > My searches have so far turned up JFFNMS, OpenNMS, Mila NetWhistler, > NetCool (expensive?) and a few others. There's also the GroundWork fork > of Nagios and other OSS tools that may be useful. > > Any recommendations? Thanks > Justin Hi, take a look at Opsview (www.opsview.org) It is basically nagios with heavily patched NDO and Java frontend. It does support basic SNMP Traps processing.
Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
