On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:35:40 -0300, Rubens Kuhl wrote:

> Have anynone done any testing interoperating Cisco MPLS (Cat 6k or 7600
> families) with Mikrotik (which is just packaging of MPLS Linux) ? I'm
> specially curious about EoMPLS and H-VPLS interoperating, but basic
> LDP/RSVP/MPLS-TE/MPLS-FRR also needs to be addressed, of course.
>

> Rubens

Hi,

MikroTik works fine against Cisco with their mpls-test and routing-test
packages.
LDP works fine, and they even got a cisco-style VPLS implementation that
seem to work fine. Their L3VPN works fine too with OSPF. I haven't tested
MPLS-TE, but as far as I remember, they don't support RSVP yet.
Also, IPv6 over MPLS doesn't work on MT yet.

As a cheap PE router, the MikroTik works very good, but I advice you to
test everything thoroughly before implementing anything. Their support
staff is very forthcoming and in my experience they fix any bug you
report at an amazing speed!

Allan