Yes, I believe it was you. We are trying to migrate from a 7200 to a 7500 to gain route processor redundancy. Our traffic is typically 20mbit peak from this site between 2 atm ds3's. Using radius, pppoa, and some dsl subs are behind NAT, but we're slowly weeding them out into having a typical dsl connection with a public ip. Probably about 1k subscribers, and in the next year or two we'll probably be moving them to an ethernet-based handoff from the carriers to us.

Rodney Dunn wrote:
Probably me. ;)

There were some issues around DSL termination in to a VRF that would not work.

The platform was never targeted for that market space so I wouldn't use it.

72xx, 10k, or ASR would be the pick.

The ISR's on really really low end side.

Rodney

Buhrmaster, Gary wrote:
I've never been brave enough to try a 7500 for dsl aggregation:)

And while a memory parity error is probably hardware,
I have this vague recollection that someone from
Cisco (Rodney Dunn?) has on a couple of occasions
recommended against using a 7500 for broadband
aggregation, since the platform was simply not
targeted or tested to that role.  One *would*
encounter things that do not work, and they would
end up being "won't fix" on that platform.

Walter Keen
Network Technician
Rainier Connect
(o) 360-832-4024