On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Seth Mattinen wrote:

Yeah, metal dust would be a killer. I don't know what to say either; magnetic air filters? Maybe salvage/buy some powerful magnets and mount them in your airflow. See if they collect anything over time. If they do, at least you'll have evidence.

I've heard stories about problems caused by inadequate filtering in sites and not really metallic dust but carbon particles/dust from diesel engines. When it's enough of it it can help move currents around the circuit board that was not intended by the designers...

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se