On 14/09/2009 19:29, Mike Andrews wrote:
Kind of a side note here, but Apple now ships a Cisco-compatible IPSec
client as part of Snow Leopard. In System Preferences -> Network, if you
add a new connection, and pick VPN as the type, "Cisco IPSec" is now one
of the choices... where previously only PPTP and L2TP-over-IPSec were.
Makes sense, as they've been shipping a similar client in the iPhone for
a while now.

Oh, so it does! Sweet. Well, that's VPN Client in the trash can and zero applications which tie me to a 32 bit kernel, except maybe a usb->serial driver. Very cool.

It may not have 100% feature parity (and I don't know if it supports
IPv6), but it's close enough for us, and allowed me to uninstall Cisco's
IPSec client that was causing frequent panics on boot for me under Leopard.

I'll have a look at ipv6 connectivity at some stage. VPN Client doesn't support it, so it's not like lack of support would lose anything, but as the OS/X ipsec stack is KAME based, it should support ipv6 if the vpn concentrator does.

Nick