To: "Justin Shore" <jus...@justinshore.com>
Cc: "Cisco NSP ((E-mail))'" <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Hardware for 'managed firewall'

On 30/09/2009, at 11:06 PM, Justin Shore wrote:

You should really take a look at the new ADSM releases for the FWSMs. It's actually pretty good. You have full control of all contexts if you aim ADSM at the admin context. Of course I never use the GUI anyway so what does that matter?

My focus has been on centralised policy management for many hundreds of contexts. Each context must inherit standard ACL entries for our monitoring or backup systems etc. Don't care about GUI based management per se.

We supply crypto in our 7600s for the data center with SSC-400 2G IPSec SPAs. Now if you want to talk about a funky LC, let's talk about those damn things.

Sounds ugly. As they say in the classics - "Good luck with that one" :)

David