I assume RAS is traditional dial in? And I assume when you say "RAS routes"
you mean /32s or more specifics than you would like?
tv
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Templin" <[email protected]>
To: "Cisco Nsp" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 11:33 AM
Subject: [c-nsp] Route reflection - need second set(s) of eyes please
All,
I'm trying to figure out some unexpected behavior relating to route
reflection. First, a diagram:
RAS/A1---Dist/A1---Core/A1---Core/B1---Dist/B1---RAS/B1
(City A and City B, one device of each type represented)
All routers shown above are in the same ASN. As currently configured, the
cores are fully-meshed. The dists are neighbored with the cores, and the
dists are route reflector clients of the cores (I guess from a
configuration perspective, the cores see the dists as route reflector
clients). The dists are neighbored with the RASen, but the RASen are not
currently considered route reflector clients.
To the best of my knowledge, since the dists aren't configured to treat
the RASen as route reflector clients, they shouldn't be passing the RAS
routes along to the core (who would then reflect them to the other city's
core, who would then reflect them to that city's dists). However, it
appears that the RAS routes are making it across the network.
Should I be confused? Should I be configuring the dists to treat the
RASen as RRC, to avoid future surprises?
Thanks,
Pete
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/