The 3560 buffering discussion has reminded me:

It's not hard to find documentation on configuring QoS, but I haven't
yet found any "best practices" reagarding how to specifically classify,
i.e. what traffic goes in what queue with what DSCP/CoS marking.

For VoIP it seems there are some notes, so it seems very "best practice"
to use EF for voice traffic and AF31 for signaling. But what about all
other traffic?

What I'm looking for is something along: "Use AF23 for text based remote
access (telnet/ssh), AF33 for GUI based remote access (remote
X/ICA/RDP), AF99 for H.323 ..." et cetera. Also some notes on buffer
partitioning would be nice.

Anybody know if there are some "authoritative" sources on this?

(I know that the classification part isn't so much SP as it is
enterprise, but hopefully someone has some comments anyway. :-))

-- 
Peter


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to