Justin Shore wrote:
Pete Templin wrote:

I don't know how well it'll work on an unnumbered interface etc., but I always add the option 'allow-self-ping' to my commands, i.e. 'ip ve u s r r allow-s'. I suspect that's related to your troubles.

I'm using uRPF and IP Unnumbered on DS1s today and all seems to be well. I can ping the directly-connected target of the static route from the PE too:

interface Serial1/0/3:0
 ip unnumbered Loopback197
 ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 load-interval 30
 snmp trap ip verify drop-rate
 no cdp enable
 service-policy input Armstrong-in
 service-policy output Armstrong-out

Mike, can you make sure that IOS thinks uRPF is actually enabled?

sh ip int se0/0 | i uRPF

7206-1.bway#sh ip int se1/0/3:0 | i uRPF
Input features: Stateful Inspection, CCE Input Classification, uRPF, QoS Marking, MCI Check

Are you seeing the drops in the sh ip int output or somewhere else?

Yes it's enabled per the above. The drops only occur when I use:

ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx

However, I discovered that if I instead use:

ip verify unicast source reachable-via any allow-default

That seems to at least not drop packets, but I haven't tested to see wether it really will drop everything but the subnet routed down this link.

If I can ask, you seem to have something more than 'loopback 0' - tell me, how are your routes configured - I am assuming you just have a static route pointing thru the interface and not at 'loopback' anything, yes?

Mike