----- Original Message ----- From: "Livio Zanol Puppim" <livio.zanol.pup...@gmail.com>
To: "Jason Plank" <jmpl...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Cisco NSP ((E-mail))'" <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Nexus 2000 vs Catalyst 4948 for access layer

Brad,

Can’t I make “the cloud” with traditional switches (4948 for example)?

You can call it what you'd like.

As I’ve said before, my only concern is that I’ll loose A LOT of access ports
on Nexus 5000 that could be used by servers with 10GE/FCoE.

Ok, maybe I missed something. What are you trying to do? High density 1 gig? 5k does that (with 2k). Cheap and layer 2 high density 10g? 5k does that.

I’m expecting that 10G(with FCoE) will dominate the servers design, so my
loss will be huge.

It will be a large part of the future, no doubt.  Your loss?

f Nexux 2000 could be attached directly to an Nexus 7000 (it is not quite
dfficult to make that works) the deisgn would perfect fit for our needs…

As I've stated before, there is no if. Not sure how many more times I have to say it...

tv