Hello Jan,

thanks for your reply. It sheds some light on that annoying
problem.

forwarding IPv4 traffic or AT LEAST stops responding to ICMP Echo
(directed to the interface IP) or loses IP protocols like
LDP or OSPF which could point to problems GRP/PRP -> Interface.
It seems like this happens exactly at that moment when the
card's CPU hits 100%.

this was exactly the reason why we de-activated IPv6 on these lincards. This applies for all Engine 2 linecards.

do you remember any ways to track this problem e.g. how I can
check how much a certain buffer is filling up etc?
I checked several things on the linecard with
sh contr frfab and tofab etc but couldn't find any evidence
for internal buckets filling up.

I know that the Engine 2 card is not state-of-the-art especially
for v6 traffic but I am looking for a confirmation that this
behaviour is indeed something that could happen. If so, I might
go to for 4GE-SFP-LC or similar which does v6 in hardware AFAIK.

4GE-SFP-LC and any other Engine 3 linecard works well..

4GE cards are on their way... :-)

Thanks again
Sascha