On 23/03/10 13:17, Saku Ytti wrote:
On (2010-03-23 08:56 -0400), Chris Griffin wrote:
The testing I did was about a year ago, but as I recall, with our
default deny any policy, traffic to hosts with no current ARP
adjacency would fail. As soon as the glean rate limiter was
enabled, traffic started to flow normally. Further tested
demonstrated the limitation with ACL behavior and due our heavy use
of outbound ACLs, we elected to track each interface IP in an object
group and apply heavy deny policies to those bits while allowing
glean and other unclassified traffic to hit a rate limited permit
policy.
If the glean rate-limiter bypasses software CoPP, as it seems to do, why
would you opt not to use it? Do you want to give priority to some glean
traffic to avoid possible DoS scenario where legit hosts can't be gleaned
due to attack.
I was told explicitly by Cisco not to use the glean rate limiter, as
there are apparently non-trivial and non-obvious issues with it. I'll
have to dig out the emails to remember why.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/