I seem to recall that also but I thought it was a bug not a hw limitation.
Rodney
On 3/25/10 3:51 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:49:19PM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
Explain the glean to me again?
Someone "up-thread" reported about a problem with early(?) 3Bs that would
lead to a surprising interaction of mls rate limiters for glean traffic
and output ACLs of the input interface. We haven't seen this, but I find
this scary.
Otherwise, using mls rate-limiting for glean and CoPP for the rest should
work out fine.
Sorry..I'm overloaded but trying to catch up on the thread.
We, I need to go back and check, implemented periodic punts at one point
that would match the glean and all subsequent packets were dropped in
hw/under interrupt..it wasn't a 1:1 punt.
The issue wasn't "glean traffic overloading the CPU" but "certain
combinations of CoPP and mls rate-limit eating the wrong packets".
gert
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/