If you check out the release notes, you'll find something different: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/Hardware/12.2SR_supported_hw/7600_hwd.html#wp1031013
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/Hardware/12.2SR_supported_hw/7600_hwd.html#wp1031013>Also, the RSP720's data sheet points out that it supports the ws-x6700 LAN cards as well: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps368/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f3b6.html Perhaps someone else has a better idea of why... I assume its just because the 6500 10gb line cards data sheet was made prior to the RSP720's release, or something... <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps368/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f3b6.html> -- Stephen F. Cobb • Senior Sales Engineer CCNA/CCDA/DCNID/ATSP Telecoast Communications, LLC • Santa Barbara, CA o 877.677.1182 x272 • c 760.807.0570 • f 805.618.1610 aim/yahoo telecoaststephen On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:56 AM, William Jobs <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm in need of a 10G Ethernet module to run in a 7606 chassis. According to > the following page: > > > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Module_Installation/Mod_Install_Guide/02ethern.html > > the module I'm interested in, the WS-X6708-10G-3CXL, is only supported by > the Supervisor Engine 720 and the Supervisor Engine 720-10GE. The chassis I > have has the RSP720. > > What options are available for a chassis running the RSP720? > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
