On my pppoe virtual templates I have an 'ip mtu 1492' that would probably help.
________________________________________ From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Walter Keen [[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:38 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] PPPoE termination on ES+20/12.2(33)SRE1 I'm trying to terminate 802.1q tagged PPPoE sessions on a 7600 with a ES+20G card. PPPoE works fine, but large packets (ie: 1500 bytes) fail. All MTU's are 9216 throughout the path until it hits the ES+20 card. I did some initial work with this as a test on a 7200, hit the same problem, and the resolution was the use of ip tcp adjust-mss, however that does not seem to be working here. I've tried it under gi2/1 as well, with no luck. Doesn't seem to be an option under 'bba-group' for it Of course adjusting the mtu on the client pc to something small, like 1400 resolves it, but I'm looking at a mass migration of dsl customers, so that's not a feasible solution. Has anyone run into this, before I open a tac case on it? bba-group pppoe TEST-BBA virtual-template 1 vendor-tag circuit-id service vendor-tag remote-id service vendor-tag dsl-sync-rate service mac-address autoselect sessions auto cleanup ! interface GigabitEthernet2/1 mtu 9216 no ip address speed 1000 ! interface GigabitEthernet2/1.460 access description Tnwx-E5111-001 encapsulation dot1Q 460 ip tcp adjust-mss 1400 pppoe enable group TEST-BBA ip subscriber l2-connected initiator unclassified mac-address ! ! interface Virtual-Template1 ip unnumbered Loopback0 no ip proxy-arp peer default ip address pool BRAS-DSL ppp authentication chap ! ! interface Loopback0 ip address xx.xx.xx.1 255.255.255.0 ! --- -- Walter Keen _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
