I've used netem and dummynet with good success for almost all applications.
I'll echo the Anue box if you want 100% precise results and more 10G capability. Packetstorm Communications http://www.packetstorm.com/psc/psc.nsf/site/index also makes a very good box, but like the other dedicated hardware boxes they aren't cheap. Phil On May 13, 2010, at 5:12 AM, Juuso Lehtinen wrote: > I did some NETEM on Linux testing couple of years ago. Seems to be a good > tool if you do not need superb accuracy in impairment generation - I > remember at least the delay generation being accurate in the +-2ms ballpark. > > If you you need dead on accurate impairment generation, I suggest looking > into Anue boxes. > http://www.anuesystems.com/Products_NetworkEmulator_landing.shtml. > > -Juuso > > On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Jake Khuon <[email protected]> wrote: > >> On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 11:40 -0500, [email protected] wrote: >>> If you are looking for a commercially supported solution, there is a box >>> called a "network nightmare" that can simulate most of that stuff. >>> http://networknightmare.net/ >>> (My understanding is that its just an embedded Linux box) >> >> I've used Network Nightmare. It works pretty well. It really doesn't >> do anything you couldn't craft up yourself from one of the free >> opensource solutions already mentioned but if you don't want to be >> bothered rolling your own appliance and just want something prepackaged >> and commercial it'll do the job. I did think the pricing was a bit >> steep however. >> >> >> -- >> /*=================[ Jake Khuon <[email protected]> ]=================+ >> | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- | >> | for Effective Bandwidth Utilisation / |/ [_ [_ |) |_| NETWORKS | >> +==================================================================*/ >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
