Let's say I wanted to send traffic to even AS's out peer 1 and odd AS's out
peer 2.

Am I crazy?  (Seems better than using metrics based solely on static IP
ranges...)

Would this work?

route-map TRANSIT-1-IN permit 10
 set as-path prepend last-as 1
!
route-map TRANSIT-1-IN permit 20
 match as-path 105
 set local-preference 210
!

route-map TRANSIT-2-OUT permit 10
 set as-path prepend xxxxx
!

route-map TRANSIT-2-IN permit 10
 match as-path 106
 set local-preference 210
!

route-map TRANSIT-2-OUT permit 10
!

ip as-path access-list 105 permit [02468]$

ip as-path access-list 106 permit [13579]$


On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Anton Kapela <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Andrew Tolstykh <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > Just a shot in the dark, but I don't see load balancing enabled in your
> configuration snippet:
> >
> > router bgp xxxxx
>
> This question comes up semi-often, perhaps there ought to be a FAQ? (I
> may have missed it).
>
> For different-upstream AS's, ecmp will not normally occur. You'll need
> to adjust the bgp bestpath determination functions, else the different
> next-AS's will prevent ECMP forwarding from being pushed to the FIB.
>
> http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2005-November/025993.html
>
> -Tk
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to