... or rather lack thereof ... We have several customers running 5510 w/ CSC 10 ... most of them only use them on rather slow lines, like 2-6M aDSL or 2-4M sDSL ... another one has a CSC20, running on our backbone w/ 100M ethernet uplink, also without any noticeable problems ... One customer though has a 34M E3 link, with very decent performance (downloads are very near the theoretical speed when going directly through without CSC scanning). Anyway, when the CSC scanning is activated, delays for html access are pretty s...@tty ... whereas a page with a dozen or two images may load within a second or two regularly, with the CSC scan this slows down to 15 seconds or more ... I've set up another 5510 w/CSC10, using mostly default settings for the CSC policy rules, moving everything through the default policy (DNS etc.), and a seperate rule for HTML/FTP/SMTP traffic ... even with low utilization (<1Mbit/s throughput on the FW at the time of initial loading), page loads slow down as our customer also experiences ... With the CSC10 being sold as suitable for up to 250 (?) users, I don't see how a single user's access can be this taxing on the CPU that it causes such delays ... I've tried this with both 6.2.1599 as well as the current 6.3 version of the CSC software. Tried with both web site classification on and off. It seems that with the scanning enabled, access that usually happens more or less in parallel by the browser, whereas way more sequential when CSC scan is enabled ...
With the rather limited amount of configuration options (as far as performance tuning goes) in the ASDM interface, I don't think I should have configured anything wrong ... I am open to suggestions though ;) Anybody else came across this problem? Tnx, -gg _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
