Hi cisco-nsp followers!

I have a question relating to IPv4/v6 route reflectors in SP
environments. My question isn’t so much about BGP and the actual RR
functionality, as it is about the “right kind of router” for the job.
What kinds of qualities are important, except for feature support,
when looking at a suitable RR? I am not looking for very detailed
answers – just a general guideline to follow.



I noticed that Cisco had put ASR1002 on the candidate list for BGP RR
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9343/index.html). While the
ASRs are powerful and mighty, they seem to be somewhat over the top
for the job. It also seems like the 7200/7300, even the 7600 platform
is normal to find as RRs too.



My understanding is a router to be used as RR should have;

·         Adequate memory to support the routing table.

·         Basic feature support (BGP, MPLS, etc..)

·         Moderate forwarding power – bandwidth doesn’t seem to be
that important.



How would the upper end for the ISR G2 routers perform as IPvXrrs? The
3925s, 3945s, etc.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to