Hi Rens,

--- On Wed, 28/7/10, Rens <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> When I open a STG on an ASR1002-F with update period 3000ms
> I'm getting a
> lot of blank lines.
> 
> I have to change it up to 10000ms to get a nice graph.
> 
> Are there any things that are different on ASR that I need
> to tune for fast
> SNMP pollings?
> 

I haven't played with ASR much, but from my experience on other Cisco platforms 
the answer is, no there is nothing you can do about it (I'd be very happy to 
hear otherwise).

In general the more $$ you outlay the less frequently you can get reliable SNMP 
stats out of the box which I find rather disappointing at times. I imagine the 
idea behind this is that you don't want your box too busy writing interface 
counter stats that it can't do what it's really supposed to do, which is 
forward packets.

On an 870 DSL router I can graph the ATM interface at 100ms intervals and get 
sane output (great for troubleshooting micro-burst issues, not really required 
for normal daily graphing).
A 2611 with FR interface I can get 500ms intervals.
If you have a 3550 switch it has a minimum interval of 1000ms (although you 
will notice some glitches every now and then so longer interval will smooth 
them out). 
On a 7200 you'll need a 5 second interval, although you this does depend on 
interface type an ATM base interface is OK at 2500ms, but a sub-int on the same 
ATM card requires double (5sec).
Graphing on a 7600 is restricted to a minimum of 10sec intervals and then it 
depends on the LC in use. For example I've found that an SPA/SIP combination 
would sometimes require 30sec intervals to produce graphs that look remotely 
like they should be where as a plain GigE LC would work ok at 10sec.


regards,
Tony.


      


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to