Can someone point me to an overview of the 4500s or remind me of some of the specifics of the box? I haven't had to work with them in several years and I'm trying to catch up on the latest greatest as well as remember the nitty gritty I used to know.

The boxes I'll be working with are a mix of E and non-E series. Best Sup I see in them is a Sup 5 (including in the E chassis'). They're all doing routing, IGPs, EGP, and VRF-Lite as well as PoE access ports. I'm trying to recall the linecard and backplane specs. IIRC the non-E chassis and non-E LCs are limited to 6GBps. That's spread out across the ASICs on the LC so a group of 8 ports on a 48-port LC shares 1Gbps to the backplane. I think that's right. The E-series chassis with the Sup 6 supported 24Gbps I believe. No MPLS support. The last thing I recall is that you had to have a 4507 or better to install dual Sups. Am I missing anything important?

It's been a good while since I touched one of these guys. They were too small for use in my SP so I ignored them for the most part. Now I need to get back up to speed. I'm reading the data sheets now but they aren't giving me the finer detailed stuff that I'm sure is out there.

Thanks
 Justin

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to