On 8/19/2010 12:26, Gert Doering wrote: > Hi, > > On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:52:48AM -0600, John Neiberger wrote: >> Adam, you are my new best friend. I've been saying this for the past >> few years and people still think I'm crazy. I flat out refuse to >> manually configure speed and duplex for someone unless it is >> demonstrated (or I can verify) that a duplex mismatch is actually >> happening or there is some other extenuating circumstance that >> requires it. > > JFTR, count me in that camp as well (and that has been discussed here > on c-nsp just a few months ago as well). > > The PA-FE-TX is really the only thing left in our network that needs > force-duplex. >
I, believe it or not, still have a 3640 floating around with a NM-4E set to 10/full on all interfaces. It hasn't died yet and does its intended job perfectly. I'd tried to turn up a fast ethernet with Verizon a while back and their policy was to set the ports on the overture to 100/full, no auto. But these are both fringe cases these days. Other than that it's autoneg all the way. It's not the 90's anymore. There's absolutely no reason to not use it. ~Seth _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
