On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Keegan Holley <[email protected]>wrote:

> I disagree completely.  I have run into the behavior you mentioned and gone
> back to auto, however I've had more problems with auto than with statically
> setting duplex.  Devices rebooting and somehow coming to the wrong
> conclusion about speed and duplex (followed by the 4 hour witch hunt).


I guess the differing opionions have to do with age and brand of hardware.

I found Auto the best running HP Procurve switches with and Supermicro and
HP Proliant DL360 G5 servers (nothing older than 2004). I had no end of
problems with old PA Risc machines (10 year old) - but this may have had
more to do with the admins on these boxes.

If I was still using the old ?Cisco 2900s? from 1998, then I would
definitely look at forcing duplex and speed.

Maybe a 'hall of shame' would need to be set up? :)

Cheers

Andrew
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to