All:

I would like to use Embedded Packet Capture at a remote site to troubleshoot 
IOS DHCP at a remote site.

(referencing 
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_packet_capture_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1060070)

The concept looks pretty straightforward but since DHCP negotiation isn't IP - 
I am having trouble with building the access list to determine what traffic to 
capture.

The device I would like to perform the capture on is a 2801 and that is the 
device serving DHCP to clients at that site.

Utilization on that router is pretty low so if I *had* to capture all traffic 
on F0/0 and dump it via TFTP to the fileserver at the site - I think that might 
be a viable option? But the fileserver is connected to the switch that 
connected to F0/0 that I want to perform the capture on.

Regular DHCP debugs only show that 2 devices are continually offered IPs but 
then apparently keep re-requesting them. (So maybe I am barking up the wrong 
tree here.)

Diagram:

WAN----Serial-2801-F0/0----Switch------DHCP Clients and Fileserver

Any and all hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Jeff Wojciechowski
LAN, WAN and Telephony Administrator
Midland Paper Company
101 E Palatine Rd
Wheeling, IL 60090
* tel: 847.777.2829
* fax: 847.403.6829
e-mail: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
http://www.midlandpaper.com




  ________________________________
This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that 
is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone 
other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this 
electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other 
than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received 
this message in error, please delete the original message in its entirety 
(including any attachments) and notify us immediately by reply email so that we 
may correct our internal records. Midland Paper Company accepts no 
responsibility for any loss or damage from use of this electronic mail, 
including any damage resulting from a computer virus.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to