Sorry, just confused here... So on the outside interface of the ASA...connecting into the Internet Router I could use private addresses?
I'd think that I would want my outbound Internet web traffic to be sourced from my Provider Independant IP subnet. How would that work? On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM, <[email protected]> wrote: > The outside interface ip of the asa has no requirement to be on net with > anything having to do with your pi addresses whether you are nat'ing on the > asa or not. You could use rfc1918 addresses as suggested by others. > > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile > > -----Original Message----- > From: Donald Darko <[email protected]> > Sender: [email protected] > Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:27:03 > To: Ryan West<[email protected]> > Cc: [email protected]<[email protected]> > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] BGP/ASA/Internet Edge Design Question > > I guess what I'm looking at is this....If I bring another ISP into the > mix..... > > ISP 1 connects to Router1 via a /30 assigned by ISP1 > ISP 2 connects to Router2 via a /30 assigned by ISP2 > > Router1 would then need to connect to the ASA outside interface via a > public > IP subnet? > > The ASA outside interface is where outbound browsing traffic is NAT'd...so > it would have to be on a public network. Correct? > > On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Ryan West <[email protected]> wrote: > > > You can use private addressing if you like, but your provider can also > > assign you a /29 for the segment between your ASA and edge. Try asking > them > > for the extra allocation. > > > > Sent from handheld > > > > On Sep 29, 2010, at 8:08 PM, "Donald Darko" <[email protected]> > > wrote: > > > > > Hi All, > > > > > > I have a scenario where I would like to perform BGP with my current ISP > > and > > > am in need of a Internet Edge router; as currently my ASA connects > > directly > > > to them. The IP subnet assignment that I'm using from my provider in > my > > DMZ > > > will be my provider independent addresses. > > > > > > My question is....I'll need to put a new subnet between my ASA and my > new > > > Internet router...it can't be a private subnet, because the Outside > > > interface of the ASA is where my web traffic is coming from. What are > my > > > options here?...try to subnet the already in use /24 provider > independent > > > subnet in my DMZ and use a /29 as a connector subnet between the ASA > > Outside > > > interface and the Internet Edge router? > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > Donald > > > _______________________________________________ > > > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > > > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > > > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
