On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Security Team wrote:

I am looking at a new setup and wondering what is the minimum setup that a
Cat6500 can do IOS/BGP things on IPv6 and IPv4?  As long as I am setting up
a new setup I may as well learn how to handle the IPv4 and IPv6 dual battle
of the bits.  Can a Sup2 handle that or??

As others have said, Sup2 can do it but in software only. 12.2(18)SXF17 is the latest I have that has IPv6. Note that it doesn't support multicast IPv6 BGP, if you you're looking to be an IPv6 completist. (Unless of course someone persuades them to bake a release with it.)

wfms