On 16/11/2010 11:02, Mark Tinka wrote:
We've been able to run GLC-* type modules in routers like
the 7201 with no problem. I haven't tried the reverse on a
switch.

Last time i tried, an NPE-G2 refused to accept a GLC-SX-MM. You can imagine that this was surprising, to say the least. I will not repeat the sentiments or language that were expressed by the individuals involved at the time, but let's just say that it was considered Deeply Unhelpful that Cisco commodity hardware was not compatible with, uh, other cisco commodity hardware.

This is a software version dependent, and that GLC-SX-MM transceivers will work on an NPE-G2, if you have the right software.

More information on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

Nick