A 3550 maybe an option, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

----- Reply message -----
From: "Keegan Holley" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, Feb 17, 2011 2:10 pm
Subject: [c-nsp] Older Cisco Routers - which one to go with?
To: "Graham Wooden" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>


I wouldn't use the 2651 for much else than maybe a door-stop.  The 2801
might not be able to do 20M ethernet depending on what else you are asking
it to do.  Can you use a switch here?  If it's all ethernet than a 3560 or
even a 3550/3750 would be fine.  They even have 8 port 3560's for cheap.
 Also, I think the 2800 and 2600XM's were (mostly) hardware based.


On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Graham Wooden <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> It's a toss-up between a 2651XM or a 2801 (because of budget constraints),
> for a 20Mb Ethernet circuit that will do moderate QoS and ACLs. No BGP, just
> static routes.
>
> The IOS's on both are relatively recent IP Services, and both have their
> RAM maxed.
>
> I am leaning on using the 2801, but thought to throw this out there and see
> any recommendations based on prior experience.
>
> What would you use between the two? Unfortunately, these are the only two
> that I can go with, or I would have sealed this decision shut with a 7200XVR
> w/ NPE-400 and call it done.
>
> Thanks,
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to