On 6/17/2011 1:51 PM, Murphy, William wrote:
We are running VSS for distribution layer switching in a campus environment
and have been quite pleased with it...  Benefits for us are simplification,
faster convergence and better performance (distribution of traffic)...  No
more STP blocking ports, MCE to access-layer so both links are utilized,
faster convergence, no need for HSRP, also our two 10G uplinks are
equal-cost even though they are connected to separate chassis...  It's
worked quite well except for ISSU...  We have attempted using ISSU to do
hitless IOS upgrades with maybe 20% success rate...

There is no ISSU on the 6500 platform and never will be.

tv