You should check:
remote command switch show processes cpu sorted

You will see that NDE - IPV4 process will increase. With very aggressive timers you could get a high switch CPU load and there could be some disadvantages (what i know is that box could drop some snmp queries at about 30-40% of switch CPU load). I didn't try to make it more then 40%, so I don't know what will be after that.

HTH

[email protected] wrote:
I've recently enable netflow across the bulk of our 6509 estate and have, after reading various guides, posts and pieces of advice settled on a fairly aggressive set of mls aging timers (the estate is a mixture of Sup720-3B and 3BXL supervisors):-
mls aging long 64
mls aging normal 32
mls aging fast time 16
ip flow-cache timeout active 1
ip flow-cache timeout inactive 15
This seems to be having the desired affect in that TCAM utilisation is not approaching 100% and there doesn't appear to have been any significant increase in CPU utilisation (the EARL NDE task pops up in the process list on occasion when I check but seems to be using single figure % on the whole). However, my question is whether there are any disadvantages to aggressive aging, i.e. am I potentially missing flow information or exporting incomplete flow information by moving away from the default settings and aging flows quicker?
TIA
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to