On 7/8/2011 9:15 AM, Keegan Holley wrote:
I never said it's not possible, just that I've rarely seen it done
correctly.  Not everyone has your level of skill.  Just for arguments
sake how did you handle shared bandwidth?  In other words how did you
keep a DDOS attack on one customers's segment from using up all
available bandwidth in some shared segment upstream from the firewall.

Oh no worries Keegan, I was just pointing out that it can in fact be done...

In my case, the way we designed it was that individual customers were assigned to unique VLANs on the ingress interface on the Firewall. Each VLAN was mapped to a unique customer VSYS. Upstream routers had specific routes for each customer pointing to those unique VLANs. Rate-limiters were applied on said upstream router for each customer VLAN to restrict starvation of the entire pipe.

Make sense?

Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-ER #70, JNCIE-M #513, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks
http://www.shortestpathfirst.net
http://www.twitter.com/sfouant
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to