On 7/17/2011 5:10 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:12:32AM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
It's unlikely to be based on NX-OS.  However, XE == IOS running as process
on linux and -modular == IOS running as process on QNX, so it could
relatively easily be a variety of one of these, if it's not IOS running on
bare metal.
 From all I was able to gather, -modular / ION is dead.  Lack of progress,
lack of buy-in from other BUs, short-sighted management.

XE is what the rumors told me the Sup2T would be based upon, but IOS
versions like "12.2(50)SY" very much sound like IOS-trains.

gert
Well I had the pleasure of watching one boot last night and I'm not very optimistic as to my original statement. No word back from Cisco yet to confirm.

tv