Update on this issue:

After combing the config and google, i tried several things to get CPU usage down including filtering of IP Options, fragments and reorganizing my ACLs. Even completely disabling the ACL lists and any filtering did not help. One document mentioned moving to 12.4 train in order to get more information about the packets coming into the router. I upgraded the router to 12.4.25f (Service provider w/ IPSEC and LI). After the reload, router came up and my high cpu usage was no longer there. Didn't make any changes to my config from SRE that was giving me the high CPU or for that matter from 15.0 that was giving me high CPU.

So my question is why? What is different about 12.4 from SRE and 15.0? If i have to stay on 12.4 train, i'd rather be on 12.4T, but not sure if i'll run back into the same problem.