Hi again.
So I put this config in place on a backup asa, but it does seem to work, wondering what i'm missing here? config below: lw-vpn2# sh run | inc privilege username privtest password XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX encrypted privilege 12 privilege cmd level 12 mode configure command username privilege clear level 12 mode configure command username When i connect as this user, and do show curpriv it shows: lw-vpn2> show curpriv Username : privtest Current privilege level : 1 Current Mode/s : P_UNPR Any thoughts or ideas, greatly appreciated! Thanks! Dalton On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 02:41:09AM -0400, dalton wrote: > > Hi, > > I have an asa 5510 with a bunch of local users for vpn. What I am looking to > do is to allow one of these users, lets say bob, to create users as well as > reset user passwords, but nothing > else. I have read through some docs, and I think I get it, but just want to > confirm before implementing on a live ASA. > > i create a privilege group with the relevant commands assigned to it. > Something like: > > privilege cmd level 12 mode configure command username > privilege clear level 12 mode configure command username > > then create a user assigned to this priv level > > > username bob password asdasdsa privilege 12 > > Is this correct? Will this configuration allow user bob, to create users as > well as clear them? Or am I missing something? > I also don't want to do anything that will effect the current operations of > asa, as it is live and in production (i.e. lock myself out or some such). > > Thanks in advance for any help. > > Regards, > Dalton > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
