Hi,

we have a pair of ASR-1001 taking a full bgp feed ipv4 and ipv6 from our 
upstream. We will have a second and third full feed soon and are quite a bit 
surprised by the memory usage of the first full feed.

    Router-1#show memory
                    Head    Total(b)     Used(b)     Free(b)   Lowest(b)  
Largest(b)
    Processor  7FC5CB741010   1235972656   884561540   351411116   350518960   
350730684
     lsmpi_io  7FC5CAEE61A8     6295128     6294212         916         916     
    916

I doubt we will fit a further 2 full feeds into that remaining 350 MB.

An old 2821 only used up 300 MB for one and a half full feeds. This box seems 
quite thirsty.

The other router that is currently idle and not yet in the iBGP mesh already 
has on offset of 380MB.

    Router-2#show memory
                    Head    Total(b)     Used(b)     Free(b)   Lowest(b)  
Largest(b)
    Processor  7FBD6A7E2010   1235972656   387423056   848549600   817362160   
816870148
     lsmpi_io  7FBD69F871A8     6295128     6294212         916         916     
    916

show versions shows this beast has 4GB memory of which the IOS process seems to 
use 1G

    Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), 
Version 15.1(1)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
    Copyright (c) 1986-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Compiled Mon 22-Nov-10 12:33 by mcpre

    cisco ASR1001 (1RU) processor with 1207124K/6147K bytes of memory.
    9 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
    32768K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
    4194304K bytes of physical memory.
    7782399K bytes of eUSB flash at bootflash:.

I am currently not sure if I can assign the IOS process more memory somewhere 
or how I could check how the available memory is distributed to the subsystems 
or even if I have dual IOS processes running.

Any pointers ???

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   [email protected]                  Wildberger Weg 24/2
Phone:   +49 7032 893 997 - 0          D-71126 Gaeufelden
Fax:     +49 7032 893 997 - 9          HRB 245288, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Web:     http://www.cksoft.de/         Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Kratzer
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to