What can be done to reduce the amount of time it takes BGP to detect the
failure of an Internet connection and start routing traffic through another
Internet connection?

We've already reduced the BGP hold-time to 90 seconds.  Can the hold-time be
reduced further without causing other problems?  I do not believe that BFD is
an option since these are Internet connections.  Are there any other options
for reducing the failover time?

Thanks.

--Vincent

Disclaimer: Any references to Pipeline performance contained herein are based
on internal testing and / or historic performance levels which Pipeline expects
to maintain or exceed but nevertheless does not guarantee.  Congested networks,
price volatility, or other extraordinary events may impede future trading
activities and degrade performance statistics. Pipeline is a member of
FINRA<http://www.finra.org/> and SIPC<http://www.sipc.org/>.