Hi,

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 11:01:46AM -0400, Duane Grant wrote:
> We run a rather large private extranet and provide dual managed CPE devices
> on-site.  I'm considering connecting the Aux port on CPE A to the Console
> port on CPE B and the reverse in an effort to provide limited remote
> console access the boxes without installing a dial-up line.

Been there, done that, works.

> We'd obviously limit access to the aux tcp port on the router, 

Apply a vty ACL to "line aux 0".

> but I was
> wondering if there were any other gotcha's that I should be aware of.

Make sure there's "no login" on the aux port...  otherwise these boxes
might start spitting their login prompts at each other.

gert
-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpnkkMOaPgP2.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to