On 02/15/2012 05:46 PM, Preston Chilcote (pchilcot) wrote:
Some folks in TAC are pushing to get "terminal exec prompt timestamp"
turned on by default.  This would add 2 lines to every command being
run.  For example:

Router#show arp
Load for five secs: 4%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3%
Time source is NTP, 09:43:00.607 PST Wed Feb 15 2012

We'd love to hear what you guys think.  Whether it would be annoying,
impact operations (maybe scripts you have running), or does anyone use
this routinely already?

Negative and positive feedback is encouraged.

I'm against. It can be enabled trivially.

Honestly, I find it a bit annoying that someone wants to spend resources on this, when there are lots more important issues in IOS to deal with. I can give you a list if you want ;o)
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to