Dear List,

i am having an Cisco 2811 with IOS (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version
12.4(24)T

Our Provider told us that we had a traffic volume of 300GB last month, but
the interface counters do not reflect these values:

I am curios, if the reported volume should be reflected in the out/input
bytes

When i am looking on the counters of the interface which is connected to
the Provider Router, the following values are shown:

1089368953 packets input, 744025984 bytes

970733443 packets output, 3196131116 bytes

I searched the Open/Resolved Caveats document, but couldnt find anything
related.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/release/notes/124TCAVS.pdf

So my question is:

Shouldn't they be at least somewhat near the reported volume? or am i
missing something (maybe very basic) here? or are the counters just broken?

Unfortunately, i do not have any other possibility to verify the volume (i
know this is bad and will be changed).

Any pointers to documents or something else is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Peter