I've seen this on stacked 3750s when doing "anything" related to 
configurations, it
would hang up hard enough to timeout EIGRP hellos from neighbors (and vice 
versa)
causing general havoc everywhere.

The workaround was to include "parser config cache interface".

During the "hangs" if you could get another CLI session up the show proc cpu 
sort list
would show the stack configuration replication process eating up the resources. 
 That
wouldn't really apply to 6500/7600 but just in case, thought I'd throw that one 
in there
(it's a harmless configuration addition as far as I'm aware).

Jeff

On 4/25/2012 2:58 PM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> I'm testing 15.2(2)S on a couple of 7600/SUP720 combos and I've experienced 
> some odd behaviour and I'm curious about whether  or not anyone else has seen 
> this.   It's been really hard to reproduce, but it does happen once in a 
> while, so I'm hoping similar experiences might give me some TAC ammo.
>
> Basically, at certain points in time, anything config related seems to hang 
> for an indefinite period of of time before it will spit out the expected 
> output:
>
> show run
> show run | [i | e | s | etc...]
> write t
>
> Sometimes it hangs for minutes, sometimes hours.  Other times it's 
> instantaneous, as expected.  It doesn't seem to be CPU related and it doesn't 
> seem to throw any logging messages.
>
> Anyone seen anything similar in their testing?
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to