Mitch, I have never done this. But, my first thought is to set local preference to 1, forcing the learned routes to be the last used. Putting the routes into a VRF on the ASR9000 is a non-starter unless running the latest code and you can define the VRF as a BIG VRF, so I would stay away from that. In IOS "sh ip bgp neighbors x.x.x.x" displays a lot of information about the neighbor, not sure if the same for IOS-XR.
David -- http://dcp.dcptech.com -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mitch Stoner Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 10:38 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Testing New BGP Provider Whats the best way to go about testing a new service provider connection with BGP on a production router? Should I put the new connection in a VRF to receive the global routing table and make sure things work as expected? Or do I simply filter all routes initially and slowly permit a few individual routes to be sure things look correct? Router is an ASR9000. What do others typically do? Thanks! _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
